Special Response and CONNECTION Program
The Rainbow Connection’s primary mission is to make dreams come true for Michigan children with life threatening medical conditions. However, through our 32 years of being involved with TRC wish families, many of our TRC wish families experience other burdens resulting from this medical crisis. The Special Response and CONNECTION Program is designed to address unexpected and unplanned financial expenses. Our Wish Department staff are sensitive to the special needs of our wish families and will provide support services and resource connections for such things as utility bills, medical equipment, needed household appliance failures and other referrals as needed.
The Special Response and CONNECTION Program guidelines:
- Must be an TRC Wish Family approved for a Wish
- All other avenues for financial support must be exhausted
- Family must be able to demonstrate need
- Referrals are made directly by hospital staff, social workers, or any one aware of the difficult situation a TRC Wish Family is experiencing.
- All efforts will be made to use community resources for necessary services first before using any funds available through The Rainbow Connection’s Special Response and Connection Program.