The Rainbow Connection (TRC) Scholarship Offerings:
Currently, The Rainbow Connection is accepting applications for the 2019/2020 School year. We anticipate offering the following scholarships:
- The Rainbow Connection Scholarship Fund – Established by the TRC Board of Directors to support the educational goals of our TRC Wish recipients. Dependent upon the availability of funds, competitive scholarships will be for $1,000.
- The Jacqui Milzow Memorial Scholarship Fund –Dr. Jacqueline Milzow taught children with special needs in the Pontiac School System for 30 years. This scholarship fund has been established to continue Jacqui’s efforts to support children with special needs as well as financial needs. Dependent upon the availability of funds, three $1000 scholarships will be offered.
- We are pleased to announce a new connection with Oakland Community College and their ACCESS program. The counselors at OCC are willing to meet one-on-one with any wish families to assist them with things like, understanding the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), working with students with any disabilities by providing resources that equalize their chance for success, as well as finding all available grants/scholarships that are applicable. You can find this valuable information here.
We are working to build our scholarship funds through the many generous donors and supporters of The Rainbow Connection. We are confident that over time, this program will continue to grow.
Eligibility Guidelines/Application Process:
In order to be considered for a TRC Scholarship, all applicants must –
- Be a recipient of a Rainbow Connection Wish
- Complete the online TRC Scholarship application (Applications are available on our website – www.rainbowconnection.org or call us at 248 601-9474)
- Applications must be postmarked by April 16, 2019. Incomplete applications or applications received past April 16 WILL NOT be considered
- Have your current principal/guidance counselor/college advisor complete and sign the application form
- Provide documentation that you have been accepted to a Trade/Tech School or College/University
- ALL AWARDIES MUST ACCEPT OR REJECT THEIR AWARD IN WRITING WITHIN 10 BUSINESS DAYS OF RECEIVING THEIR NOTICE. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN THE LOSS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP.
NOTE: Scholarships are NOT based on financial need or scholastic achievements. Awards will be announced in May of 2019. Award checks will be issued to your educational institution by the end of summer, 2019.
May I apply again next year?
YES! You may re-apply yearly based on the following:
- All requirements were achieved the year before
- Up to two years *consecutive years for a Trade/Tech school and Community College
- Up to four years *consecutive years for traditional college/university
NOTE: Renewal scholarships are also based on the availability of funds. (* If needed, exceptions to the consecutive year requirement will be made on a case-by-case basis.)