The Rainbow Connection (TRC) Scholarship Offerings:
Thank you to the 2020-2021 Rainbow Connection Scholarship Program applicants. At this time we have reviewed all applications and notified award winners.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to helping our award recipients on their journey to pursue higher education and encourage those eligible to apply next year!
- The Rainbow Connection Scholarship Fund – Established by the TRC Board of Directors to support the educational goals of our TRC Wish recipients. Dependent upon the availability of funds, multiple competitive scholarships will be awarded for $1,000.
- The Jacqui Milzow Memorial Scholarship Fund –Dr. Jacqueline Milzow taught children with special needs in the Pontiac School System for 30 years. This scholarship fund has been established to continue Jacqui’s efforts to support children with special needs as well as financial needs. Dependent upon the availability of funds, (1) $1,000 scholarship will be awarded.
We are working to build our scholarship funds through the many generous donors and supporters of The Rainbow Connection. We are confident that over time this program will continue to grow.
Eligibility Guidelines/Application Process:
To Be Eligible you:
- Must be a Rainbow Connection wish recipient with a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be a returning TRC Scholarship recipient entering your 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of higher education. (Includes college or trade school)
What are the application requirements?
- Complete an online application (found below)
- Must include a current photo of applicant
- Must include last semester’s transcripts (may be unofficial)
- All awardees must accept or reject their award in writing within 10 business days of receiving their notice. Failure to do so will result in the loss of the scholarship.
NOTE: Scholarships are NOT based on financial need or scholastic achievements.
May I apply again next year?
YES! You may re-apply yearly based on the following:
- All requirements were achieved the year before
- Up to two *consecutive years for a Trade/Tech school and Community College
- Up to four *consecutive years for traditional college/university
NOTE: Renewal scholarships are also based on the availability of funds.
* If needed, exceptions to the consecutive year requirement will be made on a case-by-case basis.Open Scholarship Application