The Rainbow Connection (TRC) Scholarship Offerings:
The Rainbow Connection is reopening our competitive scholarship program and accepting applications for the 2020/2021 school year. We offer the following scholarships:
- The Rainbow Connection Scholarship Fund – Established by the TRC Board of Directors to support the educational goals of our TRC Wish recipients. Dependent upon the availability of funds, multiple competitive scholarships will be awarded for $1,000.
- The Jacqui Milzow Memorial Scholarship Fund –Dr. Jacqueline Milzow taught children with special needs in the Pontiac School System for 30 years. This scholarship fund has been established to continue Jacqui’s efforts to support children with special needs as well as financial needs. Dependent upon the availability of funds, (1) $1,000 scholarship will be awarded.
We are working to build our scholarship funds through the many generous donors and supporters of The Rainbow Connection. We are confident that over time this program will continue to grow.
Eligibility Guidelines/Application Process:
To Be Eligible you:
- Must be a Rainbow Connection wish recipient with a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be a returning TRC Scholarship recipient entering your 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of higher education. (Includes college or trade school)
What are the application requirements?
- Complete an online application (found below)
- Must include a current photo of applicant
- Application must be received (NOT postmarked) no later than June 15, 2020 via US Postal service or you may email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must include last semester’s transcripts (may be unofficial)
- All awardees must accept or reject their award in writing within 10 business days of receiving their notice. Failure to do so will result in the loss of the scholarship.
NOTE: Scholarships are NOT based on financial need or scholastic achievements. Awards will be announced in July of 2020. Award checks will be issued to your educational institution by the end of Summer 2020.
May I apply again next year?
YES! You may re-apply yearly based on the following:
- All requirements were achieved the year before
- Up to two *consecutive years for a Trade/Tech school and Community College
- Up to four *consecutive years for traditional college/university
NOTE: Renewal scholarships are also based on the availability of funds.
* If needed, exceptions to the consecutive year requirement will be made on a case-by-case basis.Open Scholarship Application