In order to qualify for a wish the following criteria must be met:
- The child must be between the ages of 2 1/2 and 18 years
- The child must live in the state of Michigan
- The child must be diagnosed with a life-threatening or terminal
- The child’s illness must be verified by a licensed physician
- The child must not have received a wish from any wish granting organization previously
In order to respect the privacy of the children and families we serve, children who may be eligible to receive a wish can be referred by one of three sources:
- Medical professionals treating the child – such as doctors, nurses, social workers or child-life specialists
- A parent or legal guardian of the potential wish child
- The wish child himself/herself
If you know a child you would like to refer and you are not the parent or guardian, medical professional treating the child or the wish child yourself you may provide the referral form included here to the appropriate source for referral.
Complete our Online Referral Form to refer a child or FAX the referral to 248-601-0577 (no cover sheet necessary) or just call The Rainbow Connection at 248-601-9474.