Granting a wish to a sick child brings hope and laughter into the lives of the entire family.
Criteria for Eligibility:
- A child must be between the ages of 2 1/2 and 18 years old.
- The child must have a life threatening medical condition.
- A licensed physician must verify the illness and refer the child for a wish.
- A wish must be affordable, achievable and attainable.
- The child must not have received a wish from any other wish-granting organization.
- The child must live in the state of Michigan.
When Criteria for Eligibility have been met, the “Wish Child” and their family are eligible for all Rainbow Connection services.
Our trained staff Wish Coordinators meet each and every wish child following written verification of the illness from the child’s physician. The visit may occur at the hospital, the child’s home, at our office, or wherever is most convenient for the family.
Children may wish to meet someone special, to go somewhere special or to receive something special. Our Wish coordinators work hard to make those dreams come true!